Interviewing at Memorial
Where do I go for the interview?
Human Resources is located in the Medical Arts Building on Dodge Street, on the north side of the Memorial Medical Center campus. The parking lot on the north side of Dodge (across from the Medical Arts Building) has spaces reserved for Human Resource customers. Directions
How much time should I allow for the scheduled on-site interview?
While time for the on-site interview does vary from position to position, we would recommend allowing a couple hours for an on-site interview.
How early should I arrive for my interview?
We suggest you arrive about 10 - 15 minutes early for the interview to allow ample time to park and check in at our Service Center.
What can I do to prepare for my interview?
Review the description of the position for which you are applying, and evaluate how your experience will make you a good candidate.
Dressing For An Interview
- Make sure attire is clean and well pressed.
- Better to be overdressed than underdressed.
- Stick to solid colors or conservative prints.
- Hair should be clean, trimmed, and combed or styled.
- Skirts or dresses should be professional and of appropriate length.
- Jeans, skorts, capri pants
- Open toed sandals/flip flops, sneakers, tennis shoes, hiking boots
- Warm-up suits/sweat pants
- T-shirts, tank tops, sweatshirts
- Provocative clothing (short skirts/dresses/tube tops)
- Hats or caps
- Ties with cartoon characters or inappropriate pictures
- Visible body piercings (other than one in each ear)
- Excessively long fingernails or unusual colors of nail polish
Other Interview Preparation Tips:
- Cover tattoos with clothing if possible.
- Use a breath mint before greeting the interviewer.
- No gum, candy, or cigarettes.
- Use perfume/cologne sparingly.
- Rule of 13 – Use accessories in moderation. If you can count more than 13 including your buttons, bracelets, rings, earrings and watch, you are overdoing it.
- Be on time. It is usually best to arrive ten minutes prior to your interview.
- Be professional.
- Relax. A relaxed candidate is a confident candidate.